HIIT Class Test
Multiple choice HIIT test
Circle the correct answer in each statement below.
- Proper nutrition is (LESS, MORE, EQUAL AS) important to the success of your fat-loss goals than any form of exercise including HIIT.
- The energy requirement of any movement is increased by (MUSCLE, FAT, BONE) because it is metabolically inactive tissue that does NOT perform work.
- (PRE, POST, PRE AND POST) workout nutrition will largely determined the level of success you can achieve using HIIT.
- Thirst is a (NATURAL, EARLY, DELAYED) reaction to your body's hydration needs.
- As little as (2%, 5%, 10%, 25%) dehydration can begin to hinder your performance and negatively impact your post workout recovery.
- In addition to proper nutrition and HIIT (STRETCHING, SUPPLEMENTS, ACTIVE RECOVERY, REST) is VITAL to achieving your fat loss goals.
- During an HIIT session the "work" phase of each interval must be performed at a MINIMUM of (60%, 70%, 80%, 90%) of your maximum effort in order to be effective.
- Exercising (INTENSELY, AEROBICALLY, ANAEROBICALLY, PLYOMETRICALLY) means that inadequate oxygen is being delivered to working muscles to accommodate the need for energy for a certain intensity.
- To find your approximate "Maximum Heart Rate" you take the number 220 and subtract your (AGE, HEIGHT, WEIGHT, BODY-FAT PERCENTAGE).
- Maintaining maximum (INTENSITY, EFFORT, HEART RATE, BLOOD PRESSURE) throughout every portion of your workout will ensure that you achieve the maximum results.
Choose whether each statement is True or False and circle your answer below.
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) has been scientifically proven to be MORE effective at burning fat than any type of steady-state endurance activity. TRUE / FALSE
- Your body will quickly adapt to any repeated specific mode of conditioning and greatly reduce its effectiveness. TRUE / FALSE
- It takes only 3 days before cardiovascular de-conditioning my begin to occur. TRUE / FALSE
- The principals of HIIT can be applied to any mode of exercise including weighted workouts. TRUE / FALSE
- Bad genetics are leading cause of unwanted weight (fat) gain. TRUE / FALSE
- When you CONSISTENTLY exercise at a high level of intensity you can consume whatever you want without consequence. TRUE / FALSE
- Using your "scale weight" and the Body Mass Index table is one of the most reliable ways to determine your health. TRUE / FALSE
- HIIT sessions will elevate your body's production of both testosterone and Human Growth Hormone (HGH) so that you can build more muscle AND burn more fat. TRUE / FALSE
- Your "Resting Heart Rate" (RHR) and your "Maximum Heart Rate" should remain the same throughout your life. TRUE / FALSE
- Most fatigueis NOT physiological but instead is actually volitional. In other words, people CHOOSE to stop working long before their bodies can produce no more effort. TRUE / FALSE