HIIT Class - October - December 2011
6 Week Beginner's Class Syllabus (Monday/Wednesday/Friday)
- Every training session must begin with a progressive total-body warm-up.
- Each high intensity interval will consist of a timed period of "work" at 90% maximum effort immediately followed by a timed period of "active recovery" at 60% maximum effort.
- Work + Active Recovery = One Cycle
- Three (3) Complete Intervals = 1 cycle
- After each complete cycle advance to the next station.
- Each station consists of a different mode of exercise.
- The modes of exercise for this class include: Treadmills, steppers, elipticals, stationary (spin) bikes, jump ropes, plyometric bodyweight movements (squat jumps/burpees with jumps), plyometric medicine ball slams and throws, variable speed calisthenics (high knees/highlanders).
- Each training session will include 8-10 various modes of exercise that all class participants must attempt to utilize.
Progressive Class Warm-Up
- Easy pace for approximately 2 minutes
- Variable easy to moderate pace for approximately 2 minutes.
- Variable easy to difficult pace for approximately 2 minutes.
Progressive Class Intervals
(Week # @ Work Time/Active Recovery Time or Cycle Time x Number of Cycles = Duration
- Week #1 @30 sec/45 sec or 3 min/45 sec per cycle x 12 cycles = 45 minutes
- Week #2 @30 sec/30 sec or 3 min per cycle x 15 cycles = 45 minutes
- Week #3 @45 sec/60 sec or 5 min/15 sec per cycle x 8 cycles = 42 minutes
- Week #4 @45 sec/40 sec or 4 min/30 sec per cycle x 10 cycles = 45 minutes
- Week #5 @60 sec/60 sec or 6 min/cycle x 8 cycles =48 minutes
- Week #6 @60 sec/30 sec or 4 min/30 sec per cycle x 10 cycles = 45 minutes